Thursday, March 10, 2011

Problems Part III as promised!

.
Time flies! It has been a long time since I wrote about problem-solving methods. Heck, it's been a long time since I wrote about anything! I need to quit my day job!

My third problem-solving technique is really not even a technique per se. Let me explain.

A Course in Miracles is the ultimate self-help course. In it one will find, besides the text and a section called the "Manual for Teachers," a workbook filled with 365 lessons, one for each day of the year. One of those lessons, number 79, begins:

"A problem cannot be solved if you do not know what it is. Even if it is really solved already you will still have the problem, because you will not recognize that it has been solved. This is the situation of the world."

It continues proclaiming that there is only ever ONE problem, "Separation." Separation in the course simply means that we think we have separated from our Creator. When examined, the idea that anything or anyone could ever be seperate from its creator is fairly hard to fathom.

So the Course simply states that your only problem is that you think you have seperated from God. And that in reality that never could have happened as it would be impossible to do so. So therefore you cannot have any problems at all. If you think you have problems these are merely "constructs" of an unreal world which in essence is like a giant dream lasting multiple lifetimes but going nowhere as it is all mind-stuff.

So I use this this way - whenever I feel a "problem" occuring or starting to surface, I simply repeat to myself silently in my head "there is only one problem, my seperation problem, and that problem never actually occured and could never occur." What happens when I remember to do this, and remembering is the hardest part, is that whatever is happening just gets solved because I am no longer dwelling on it and labeling it as a problem, I actually tell myself that I really don't care about this problem. This makes it less powerful of a force to ruin my day, and it almost becomes something I can chuckle about.

I dare you to try this today. I would love to hear whether it helps your feeling about your day and all the "problems" in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment