Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It is starting to sink in!

Three years. Thirty-six months. 1,085 days. 156 Sundays. That is approximately how long I have been reading, studying, listening, memorizing, repeating, writing, absorbing. Everything I can get my hands on. Scores of books. Big tubs full of audiobooks. I never thought I would be someone who devours physics books. Or stays up til 1 on a weeknight reading the "Nag Hamadi Scriptures." But here I am. There I am, browsing another bookstore's "New Age", "Religion" and "Science" sections. Craving ideas. Knowledge. Putting together ideas from here and there and mixing them like a chef to see if the parts are compatible. To find out if the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts. Guess what? It is! The more I read, the more I listen, the more I learn, the tighter the pieces fit together and the more confidence I gain that my theories that came to me three years ago are onto something useful and important to me. And if they are useful and important to me, I suspect they could be useful and important to a lot of people. These days every day I am noticing that the practices I have been preaching are coming to me naturally much more often, and my days are going better day to day. Every bit of information I add to the grey matter helps focus my purpose to a sharper point in front of my vision. I feel my purpose gelling. My calling getting within reach. It feels good to wake up with a purpose. I encourage you to do what you feel you are called to do. Anything else is just shorting yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment