Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This World of Lack

Oil. Food. Gold. Silver. Jobs. Money. All things that are important to us, all more expensive than before.
Overpopulation. War. Earthquakes. Oil "spills." Tsunamis. Droughts. Food shortages. Lots of them. More than ever before.
I thought this brave new world of the future back when I was a kid was gonna be real cool! But it has turned out to be more like a bad dream getting worse every day.
I realize that this is a world based on lack. You lack another layer in a snowstorm. You lack coolness in a heatwave. You lack love and feel lonely. You lack money and can't make the rent on the 1st. You lack a job but you want to work. You are rich, but you lack love you can't have. You employ 10,000 people but you lack the family you dreamed of.
This world, our universe, is based on lack, and death. What here doesn't die? Most things here can't survive long without something else, plant or animal, or lately Earth itelf, dying.
I for one have chosen the opposite way of thinking to everything that tries to grab my attention here in the world. I choose every day to forgive everything I see, good or bad. Gaddafi. Netanyahu. Bernanke. Obama. Clinton. Either of them. Lieberman. Bachmann. Blair. I even go back in time, as from what I study a memory is just as real as a "current" observation. King George. Hitler. Mussolini. Attila the Hun. Vlad the Impaler. You can't affect me, even if you did torture and kill most of my relatives a thousand years ago. Because I forgive you for everything you have ever done. You were just mistaken as to what you were and where you were. I don't want to make that same error, so I will just go on forgiving everything, the spilled milk, the pretty sunrise, the chirping bird, the cop, the priest. All forgiven. And at the same time I am forgiving myself. It feels good.

1 comment:

  1. I like the attitude of forgiveness... is the a place for seeking justice?

    ReplyDelete